Wingspan pioneered Rainbow Support Group in Minnesota in 2001. Meetings are held at least monthly at our 30 East Plato Boulevard Campus in St. Paul and welcomes both Wingspan and non-Wingspan clients.
The purpose of Rainbow Support Group is to provide:
- Peer support for LGBTQ persons who have developmental disabilities
- A supportive space for education and interactive discussions regarding LGBTQ issues within a support system that recognizes their unique perspective
- A place to feel safe, welcome, valued, and respected
- Assistance with learning about, and accessing, LGBT events, resources, organizations and locations within the community
- Advocacy and outreach through sharing stories, receiving education about key issues, learning about cultural and social opportunities
Program Director Deb Hofbauer talks about Rainbow Support Group on KFAI Radio 10/19/2023 Disability and Progress The following article was published in Lavender Magazine, June 1 2023 “Speaking from personal experience as a member of the LGBTQ community, coming out to family, friends, and coworkers in my 40s was emotional, daunting, and stressful,” says Darolyn…Read Full Article >
For more information, including volunteer opportunities, contact Program Director Deb Hofbauer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Donate online at: https://www.givemn.org/organization/Wingspan-Life-Resources