In 2018 Wingspan expanded services to include temporary crisis respite. A home was purchased in August of 2017 and the first client arrived in February of 2018. The name “Harmony” was chosen to reflect a place of understanding and support.
Crisis respite is an important community resource in which short-term care and intervention strategies are provided to a person:
- For relief and support of the caregiver and protection of the person or others living with the person.
- For a person’s need for behavioral or medical intervention.
A person is eligible to receive crisis respite services when caregivers and service providers are not able to provide necessary intervention and protection of the person or others living with that person. Crisis respite services allow the person to avoid institutional placement.
A person is eligible for crisis respite if he or she is on one of the following waivers:
- Brain Injury (BI)
- Community Alternative Care (CAC)
- Community Access for Disability Inclusion (CADI)
- Developmental Disabilities (DD)
Clients are referred to Wingspan through Metro Crisis Coordination Program (MCCP) (952) 767-3125.
For more information about Wingspan’s crisis respite services, please contact Camille Willner, Director of Specialized Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-242-5847.